Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

April Fools Resolutions

This morning I found a voicemail on my Blackberry from my good friend and brother. He called at 7:03, speaking through a long sigh he said "We'll Pat, I know tomorrow is April Fool's Day and everything but I really am going to get back on The Program. It is time to start working out and eating right again. You with me?"

Wow! Just for the sheer irony of it, April Fools Day is the perfect time to begin resolutions. So, I am going to partner with my brother and his wife and my wife and get (back) on The Program. Although the subject will not rule this blog, you'll have to find ways to cope with the occasionaly posting I'll be doing about it over the next 12 weeks or so.

My friend enlightened me to another reason why April Fools Day is a perfect resolution day. He is a strategic thinker and so he figures those people who started resolutions on New Years have now fallen and will be out of his way. The New Years crew will be gone and we'll have more room to shine.

No comments: