I have a confession. My soul has been prompted by my wife revealing she almost burned our house down. Here I go. Confession time. Recently I took 220 volts through my pointer finger and thumb on my right hand. I've said it before. An very good, accurate, working definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. Last Saturday an opportunity presented itself and I proved through experience (once again) the truth behind that definition of insanity.
I was suppose to learn from this. I believe I have learned this time by comparing the similarities between the two events - appliances, 220 volts (still plugged in), and me.
Our dryer blew a thermostat a few weeks back so I replaced it. This last Saturday Carla informed me the dryer was not working again - the new part failed. I decided to take five minutes and check it out. With mini-socket in hand I focused on removing the backplate. A good next step I thought was to check all the connections. The connection on the lower thermostat, slightly hidden from my view, apparently was exposed enough to shock whatever idiot wanted to touch it. Thankfully I am not six feet under and I tell you...it was far more than a shock!
The burning sensation in my pointer finger and thumb is fading with each passing day. I am still waiting for my superpowers to kick in.