Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fartlek Haiku

Fartlek training today. It was raining when I started but I completed 45 minutes. My training plan is to skate intervals at 90% effort for 1 minute, then rest for 30 seconds, 90%, 30 seconds, and so on. I find it difficult to define what 90% effort means for me - too close to all out 100%. So, I skate 100% for 30 seconds and rest for 2.

I've said it before - fartleks are hell. Finishing is always good. I must stay focused on the purpose of making me faster.

My wife helped me put together a little diddy - a Haiku for a friend and Haiku master:

Fartleks are not fun
You become faster because
You want to get done

5 comments:

Brandy Dopkins said...

Fart-what? what's this?

Brandy Dopkins said...

Oh, never mind. I re- read it. I get it. Sounds miserable.

Unknown said...

Think of all the hits I am getting because of the word?

erin said...

A beautiful haiku. : )

erin said...

Haha--I didn't realize it was ME you linked! THANKS for the props!