Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2007

What's Three More?

My self-made training schedule said I should have done 12 miles today. I did 15. Fantastic skate! I hope I feel as good on both race days. I just want to skate!

Really I had three great skates in a row this week. I've been setting aside more time for rest and I've been eating more. Over the last three weeks my energy level and mood had deteriorated significantly so I started looking for explanations and solutions. For some reason I got into the habit of eating no complex carbs in the afternoon until dinner time. I continued with protein shakes and lots of veggies but dropped my mid-afternoon snake of oatmeal and raisins. That was a mistake. I just simply forgot and ended up eliminating about 400 calories from my daily intake. This week I brought the energy-filled snack back into my menu and what a difference it has made. The physical energy came back immediately and now I am feeling more emotional stable and focused on life. I am telling you, diet (what you eat and how much) is a major contributor to well-being.


P.S. I still haven't shaved my legs. I am procrastinating not out of pride but because I have to set aside time to actually do it. Anyone want to do it for me? HA! Perhaps I'll just skipped it. But, I'll regret that decision if I do crash and have to nurse my wound. Hairless legs last year would have saved me a week or two in recovery time and a lot less pain.

No comments: