Pages

Friday, September 14, 2007

Joni Eareckson Tada Writes About Down Syndrome Blessings

In a recent article in WORLD Magazine, Down Syndrome Dangers, Joni Eareckson Tada states that nowadays "all mothers-to-be are routinely tested" to see if their baby has down syndrome.

I was shocked to also read "Over 90 percent of pregnant women who are given a Down syndrome diagnosis choose to have an abortion."

No number greater than zero is acceptable but, 90 percent!!!

Eareckson Tada also declares: "The effort to eliminate Down syndrome translates into the worst kind of social engineering: the annihilation of an entire group of people who are precious."

You must read this article...click here.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Oooh! Great article and speaks to my heart. I loved teaching those with Down Syndrome and also wanted a child with it. Such special children that bring meaning and joy to so many other lives!
How many of the 90 percent are misdiagnosed?! How many of the 90 percent are aborting children without Down Syndrome?!

kristi noser said...

What's next, "terminating" children with brown eyes? Black hair?
I smell Hitler.

Joey said...

Hmm...I have a little brother with it. Need I say more? It's disgusting.

The first reaction I got when I told my boss at the time that he had DS was, "Oh, that's too bad." What?? What kind of a reaction is that to the birth of a baby? I know what he meant, but it's still frustrating that that's the perspective of most people.