For those interested, here's my Inline Skating race and training plan for this summer:
The first three are the standard events I have done the last four years. I've committed to a new one and I am very excited - the Northshore, the largest in the country. Also, notice that Hayward this is year 30 miles. Great way to kick things off!!
1. August 8th, 2009 - Hayward Races - 30 miles
2. August 15th - St. Paul Inline Marathon - 26.2 miles
3. August 22nd - St. Micheal Half Marathon - 13.1 miles
4. September 19th - Northshore Inline Marathon - 26.2 miles
Official training on skates starts April 18th. I been doing dryland work since the beginning of the year (i.e. boosting heart rate on elliptical machine, weight lifting, and form/balance exercises.)
Here's a link to my detailed schedule.
These are preliminary.
1. I want to be down to 190 lbs by the first race in August. I am at 223 right today. Should be no problem with all the activity but I believe firmly that any fat loss on any program/diet comes 80% from nutrition. I definitely will burn enough calories but for me the challenge will be eating right (i.e. NO processed carbs). I want the loss the be fat while maintaining muscle.
2. I want to beat my 1 hour and 40 minute pace on 26.2 miles. Wow would I love to get under 1 hour and 35 minutes. If I can drop weight to 190, I think 1:35 is very realistic. I will crystallized my time goals a few weeks into skate training after my skate muscles return to form.
I am always looking for people who are interested in pushing me a long. For instance, if you like to bike you are welcome to ride along with me. I typically head out early morning between 5:30 and 6:00 am. Leave a comment and let me know.