Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Legs Like Jelly

I mentioned in my last post that I fell momentarily in the race on Sunday. I refer to it as more of a skip or a bounce. But bearing through the "discomfort" of road rash yesterday and today (and last night) who cares what its called? Finding ways to minimize the pain from the burn is the purpose of my life right now, unfortunately.

My daughter checks up on me every now and then but her queasy nerves give way and she has to look away in disgust. My little Nathers keeps pointing and saying "That's gotta hurt." Yep. Especially when I stand up and the blood surges to the area.

Now my son Josh is more creative in his approach to life and so he went the word picture route when trying to comfort me this morning, "Dad, your leg looks like the jelly toast Mom makes for us?"

1 comment:

erin said...

Gag. That's disgusting.