Pages

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Christian Experience Or Pretense

A few posts back I said I was going to start writing about Mental Health and Christianity. I am still working on (and waiting for) the paring down and convergence of the many thoughts I've had over the years - I am trying to close the gap between what I've read in books and what I've experienced in life. I want what I end up writing about to be of good service to others.

While my thoughts are still baking, I feel the need to prepare readers for what they will read from me, to lay some ground work so to speak. Like I said, I want to serve others, and by implication, I want to bring honor to our King.

I recommend reading this article/blog post from the internet monk about the Christian experience - To Know Your Not Alone. I keep reading the monk because of his personal stories. Tell me what you think of the article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanity, all is vanity.

Carla said...

Thanks Pat. What a difficult but worthwhile read. Am I alone?