Wet roads make for slick skating- greasy is what it's called. Today's skate was really greasy. The dew point was high as well at 68%. The sweat poured and my 48 oz. of water went fast.
I finished in 1 hr 50 minutes. It is a good thing I had to take it slower as I feel on the edge of over training - this last week I have experienced at least 8 of the items on the following list:
I will take it really easy the next two days getting enough rest and quality sleep. Next week I am going to back off on the distance during interval training.
- ME - Washed-out feeling, tired, drained, lack of energy
- ME - Mild leg soreness, general achiness
- ME - Pain in muscles and joints
- ME - Sudden drop in performance
- Decreased immunity (increased number of colds, and sore throats)
- ME - Decrease in training capacity / intensity
- ME - Moodiness and irritability
- ME -Depression
- Loss of enthusiasm for the sport
- ME - Decreased appetite
- Increased incidence of injuries.
- ME - A compulsive need to exercise
Finally, I will increase my calorie intake too in order to refuel - the refueling starts today with Noser's pig roast!