Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Personal Best and Grateful I Didn't Crash

Personal Best
An effective training maxim I learned a while back helped me to skate my best mile time today - 3 minutes and 20 seconds. The maxim is to always try for your personal best on some part of your exercise training session. If you're lifting weights, go for your best on at least one set. If you are speed walking, kick it up a notch and go for your best for a block or a mile. While skating intervals I like to attempt my personal best on my last mile of the session. Today it was mile ten and like I said I did it in 3 mins and 20 seconds. I felt great!

Speed Trap - Take 2
Raced by the digital speed limit sign again this morning. I wanted to hit 40 mph after reaching 34 last week. At 31 mph both my skates left the ground for a hellish moment after my right leg tried to skate over a larger than usual pebble. That rock did not move! My upper body got out ahead of my skates and I prepared for a major face plant. Not sure how I did it but I reacted fast enough to get my left leg in front of me while my right leg stretched out behind me. I balanced out and kept moving. I was saved from a major biff - thank God!

No comments: