Ah...if only I skated one of the marathons this morning. I had a nice, long, slow skate. Close to perfect!
I couldn't help myself and skated 17 miles. I thought I'd have to skip training for the first time in 16 weeks because of rain. The roads were wet when I started but the sprinkles tapered off to nothing by the time I went my first mile. From there on out I just enjoyed the ride. I actually tried something new this morning, I went the other way on my training route.
Here's a few statistics I've been logging these past 16 weeks:
- Total Training Miles Logged - 402
- Body Weight Lost - 24 lbs
- Average Pace over long skates - 15 mph
- Best Mile Trial - 3:23 minutes
- Longest Sprint at (roughly) 80% effort - 5 minutes
- Top speed (on roughly a 20% decline) - 34 mph