Pages

Monday, April 17, 2006

Day 15

Upper Body. That means I lifted weights - chest, shoulders, back, triceps and biceps. Today's workout rivals the upperbody from last Wednesday. Right now it is 4:30 and I can feel the lactic acid buidling up as I am getting sore by the minute. Tomorrow if you happen to wave at me, I'll probably just smile.

I gotta hand it to my wife. She pushed it as much as I did today. Every single rep was to the max. I am very proud of her. She keeps me in line as well, if she wasn't there in our weightroom with me, I'd slack for sure.

One last note. I like to calculate the total volume of weight lift across all sets and reps and then compare the amount to actual objects. I lifted:
  • 8,480 lbs - bench press and flyes
  • 1,780 lbs - shoulder military press and side raises
  • 2,300 lbs - bentover rows (back)
  • 1,200 lbs - tricep kickbacks
  • 1,750 lbs - seated bicep curls
  • 15,510 total volume lifted
One million one dollar bills weigh in at roughly 1 US ton, or 2,000 lbs. Today I lifted 7.75 million one dollar bills.

1 comment:

kristi noser said...

Hey Pat, next time you lift that much money, lift some my way!