Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Landis' Tour Win Could Be Lost

Reports are out that Landis failed a drug test during one of the final stages of the Tour de France. He does have a dengenerative hip problem and might have been taking medication for it, which may have skewed his testosterone levels over the top. With sensitivities incredibly high due to the huge doping scandal that occurred before this year's tour, it will be interesting to see if Landis gets a fair "trial" among his peers and the media. I'm guessing that he won't. Just take the clue from Fox's headline. Landis hasn't necessarily tested 100% positive...yet. There is further testing to do.

I do like Landis' mother's honorable response to the report though. She shoots straight and doesn't lay down the "my son can do no wrong" card. She says "if it's something worse than that, then he doesn't deserve to win."

"I didn't talk to him since that hit the fan, but I'm keeping things even keel until I know what the facts are," she said in a phone interview from her home in Farmersville, Pa. "I know that this is a temptation to every rider but I'm not going to jump to conclusions ... It disappoints me."

No comments: