Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Electro Man - More Power Than A Microwave

Another appliance bites the dust.

Yesterday I was doing my typical pressing the microwave buttons at the speed of light behavior. Its a quick shooter instinct. I like to see how many time combinations I can cycle through and still arrive at my standard cook everything at 3 minutes setting. As soon as I hit the enter button on my last iteration all my senses were rocked by four intense crackling pops, like fire crackers inches from my nose. Strange. No sparks, no smoke, no smell. Being shell shocked, and a software trouble shooter by day, I tried to reproduce the problem. Nothing. The microwave powered on but it sounded a little different and upon further testing I declared it dead.

With each instance I am slowly accepting my power.

6 comments:

ron said...

When you get a chance try running the microwave with the plug in your mouth. I bet it works! Oh, and if you could have Carla take a picture of this attempt and post it here I'm sure many of your readers would greatly appreciate it.

Swampy-Rah said...

What a terrific story! I followed the link and now I want to see you do electric-tricks...

erin said...

LOL!
Pat, you are electrifying.

kristi noser said...

With all due respect Pat, I want you to stay away from my electrical appliances, ok?

You shall now and forever be known as Pat "THE ZAPPER" Stream.

DrZach said...

Need a Microwave? I've got one you can have.

Pat Stream said...

Thanks Zach. I had an extra one in my garage.